Life Beyond the Room: Curated Group Trip
A lush archipelago in the middle of the Atlantic, the Azores are a paradise for lovers of adventure, nature, and breathtaking land and seascapes.
On this small group trip, you will have the opportunity to explore three of the Azorean islands.
You will hike around the iconic twin-crater lakes, snorkel in a sunken crater pool, and bike through volcanic valleys. You’ll have the opportunity to ascend the iconic peak of Pico, scuba dive and snorkel in the waters teeming with marine life, and hike through the verdant hills and valleys.
You will relax and regenerate at a remote spa hotel with a view of the Atlantic, aboard a sailboat at sunset, in a heated saltwater infinity pool with a view of the tallest mountain in Portugal, and in the mineral-rich thermal waters of a dormant volcano.
You’ll discover local arts and crafts as well as the delicious local cooking (some of which is cooked by geothermal heat), rare island wines, the multi-generation production of cheese from the famed Azorean cows, as well as visit the only coffee plantation in Europe.
- 4 nights at Santa Barbara Eco Beach Resort on the island of São Miguel.
- 5 nights at Adega do Fogo on the island of Pico
- 10 breakfasts, 5 dinners, 6 lunches
- Flight from São Miguel to Pico
- Hiking excursion to Twin Crater Lakes
- Sunset sailing experience
- Whale watching trip
- Visit to Ponte Delgada
- Visit to traditional ceramics workshop
- Visit to Ilhéu de Vila Franca
- E-bike excursion
- Visit to natural hot springs
- Wine tasting
- Climbing excursion on Mt. Pico
- Snorkeling or scuba diving (must be PADI certified)
- Day trip to São Jorge
- Guided hike to Fajã da Caldeira Santo Cristo
- Visit to Europe’s only coffee plantation
- Cheese tour & tasting
- One rejuvenating massage
Meet Your Guides
Karen Costa Hattaway
Karen, native to Rome, is the founder of LBR and also an adventure junkie. A yogi and martial artist, she will be leading some of the activities.
An avid traveler and lover of languages, different flavors, and unexpected adventures, Athena has lived in seven countries, and currently resides in Lisbon. Since sailing to the Azores in 2020 she has been enamored with the archipelago. With the aid of almost 6 languages, she will guide many of the excursions and be the translator for the trip.